iPad loses WiFi password

Discussion of non-operating system issues related to all iPads.
JerryFreilich
Forum Member - Level 3
Forum Member - Level 3

iPad loses WiFi password

Post by JerryFreilich » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:30 pm

I recently made some changes to my household WiFi to resolve some nagging slow down problems. One thing I did was to change the channel the WiFi talks on. The other thing I did was to apply a WPA 2 password for the first time. Now.... the WiFi seems much quicker. My iMac, MacBook Pro and family iPhones all seem to be happy after entering the new password. BUT.... for some reason I don't understand, our iPad AND ONLY THE IPAD .... seems to be having trouble. At random times that I've been unable to characterize or predict ... Safari or the iPad itself... seems to lose the WPA password and the browser essentially stops working. You can try any web page and it simply will not load the page. I've tried rebooting the Safari app, but the only thing that seems to work quickly and perfectly .. is to go into the WiFi Preferences, choose "FORGET THIS NETWORK" and then re-enter the needed information and password. I think the issue is with WiFi rather than Safari.

The WiFi is coming from a 5 year old Belkin router that has served well. Any suggestions?

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: iPad loses WiFi password

Post by Richard Serkes » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:39 pm

I had a similar but not exactly the same sort of problem with my iPad1. I was using a Netgear router which was replaced by a Cisco product. It didn't work either. Finally I bought the Apple Airport Extreme and all my problems went away.

iPads seem to be finicky.
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.