One of the things lost in iTunes 12.7 is the automatic ability to manage ringtones. So on my new iPhone X I had no custom ringtones.
But despair not. Here are the links you need. Below, I'll present a brief step-by-step.
https://www.cultofmac.com/502766/how-to ... mped-them/
To restore your ringtones:
1. Navigate to your Music folder > iTunes > iTunes Music > Tones
Your custom ringtones will still be there, but won't show in iTunes 12.7. I dragged the folder from that location to my Music folder.
2. Plug in your iPhone. (apparently this is necessary) Using the device icon near the upper left corner of the iTunes window, select your iPhone.
3. Click on the Tones icon (it's second to the bottom in my case because I also have Voice Memos listed). You'll see a blank list.
4. Select all the tones (.m4r) in the Tones folder in the Finder and drag to that list. The tones will copy to your iPhone automatically.
To delete a ringtone from the iPhone:
1. Plug in your iPhone. Using the device icon near the upper left corner of the iTunes window, select your iPhone.
2. Click on the Tones icon (it's second to the bottom in my case because I also have Voice Memos listed). You'll see your custom ringtone list.
3. Control click on a ringtone name and choose Delete from Library.
Now here's the good part. The ringtone settings you had before will now remain, and will have the proper ringtone titles.
The new Reflection ringtone, which is (at the moment) exclusive to the iPhone X is nice. (I wonder how soon we'll hear it in a movie?)
But I'm used to my own custom ringtones.
Here's my older thread on how to make your own ringtones:
(New) Discussion of issues related to macOS High Sierra
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest