Square Trade Drop Tests 3 Tablets - YouTube video

Discussion of non-operating system issues related to all iPads.
bluesky
Forum Member - Level 3
Forum Member - Level 3

Square Trade Drop Tests 3 Tablets - YouTube video

Post by bluesky » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:20 am

SquareTrade tests tablet durability, Yazsoft hiring
06/21, 11:25am

SquareTrade, an alternative warranty supplier for popular electronics, has posted a new video that compares the damage inflicted when dropping three popular tablets from waist height. The company tested the iPad 2, Motorola Xoom, and Samsung Galaxy, dropping each from waist height in succession. SquareTrade found that the iPad 2 and Xoom fared the worst of the three, while the lighter Samsung Galaxy survived with minimal screen damage. All three of the devices still ran after the drops; however, the glass damage on each made touching potentially dangerous.
Watch the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW_swJiebIA
"All computers wait at the same speed."

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: Square Trade Drop Tests 3 Tablets - YouTube video

Post by Richard Serkes » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:11 am

Setting aside the fact that the demonstration was anything but scientifically conducted who would carry around a tablet (iPad or otherwise) without a cover? Of course it would be difficult to test these "drops" with a cover because there are too many covers to deal with and one manufacturer might not make a cover for all three tablets.

If these clowns were in my Tests and Measurements class I'd give them a D-. As a scientist what I'm saying is don't take this "test" with a grain of salt, use the entire salt shaker.
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.