Dreamweaver

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Dreamweaver

Post by Stephen Hart » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:07 pm

Any SMUGgers using Dreamweaver?
I need some really basic help.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

rickj
Forum Member - Level 2
Forum Member - Level 2

Re: Dreamweaver

Post by rickj » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Stephen Hart wrote:Any SMUGgers using Dreamweaver?
I need some really basic help.
I've been using it for about a year. I'm not an all around expert- I mostly use it for writing php, javascript and html rather than WYSIWYG page editing, but I can probably answer your questions.

I had to get up and running pretty quickly, so I watched a Lynda.com tutorial series on DreamWeaver CS5. It went into enough depth that I never had to crack the manual. I have a yearly online subscription to Lynda.com, but you can get a monthly subscription for $25.00. That would be plenty of time to get through the course, plus review anything you needed to. I've used a bunch of their tutorials, and they've all been excellent.

Anyway, once you get comfortable with it, I think you'll prefer DreamWeaver to GoLive. Although DreamWeaver does have some annoying user interface quirks that only Adobe knows how to create ;)

So ask away.
Rick

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: Dreamweaver

Post by Stephen Hart » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:59 pm

As this is pretty specialized, we'll carry on by e-mail. If anything more generally interesting turns up, I'll summarize here.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs