iPod and downloading audiobooks from NOLS

Discussion of non-operating system issues related to iPods, iPhones, and the iPod Touch.
rubyradey
Forum Member
Forum Member

iPod and downloading audiobooks from NOLS

Post by rubyradey » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:08 pm

I have a new Mac and iPod and am new to both. I have downloaded OneClickdigital and Overdrive Media Console from NOLS. I successfully downloaded audiobooks from both OC and OD with much work. Now I am having trouble doing both. I go through the normal process and borrow the book and it says that it is downloaded but it never comes to iTunes or my iPod. When I try to do it again it gives me an error message. I tried deleting both OC and OD and then reloading them thinking that that was the problem. No luck. I am beyond frustrated. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? Is it my Mac? Librarians have tried to help, again, no luck. I checked to see if I needed any updates but I am current. Help. Marcia :(

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: iPod and downloading audiobooks from NOLS

Post by Stephen Hart » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:34 am

I haven't used Overdrive in a while long while, but on my Mac it used to download to its own folder (which it creates), not to my Downloads folder or directly to iTunes.
I never tried on the iPhone or iPad itself.

I hope things have improved with audiobooks and ebooks at NOLS, but I found it so frustrating and annoying that I just buy audiobooks from iTunes now, or rip books on CD using AudioBook Builder (thanking Jerry Freilich for the software suggestion).

I should point out that none of the problems are the fault of NOLS or librarians. It's the publishers.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs