iPhone 6 Battery Life

Discussion of non-operating system issues related to iPods, iPhones, and the iPod Touch.
Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

iPhone 6 Battery Life

Post by Stephen Hart » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:11 pm

So after a couple of weeks, I decided to calibrate my iPhone 6 battery. This is recommended at least occasionally.
I stopped plugging in my iPhone 6 at night. After three days and three nights of light use, I was able to get the iPhone down in the single digits on the fourth day. Finally, around 5:00 of day four, after playing iTunes Radio for a couple of hours, it shut itself off.

I decided to try another new thing, seeing if the iPad charger would charge the iPhone 6 faster.* It did. After about a couple of hours, my iPhone 6 was nearing 100%.

So, basically, I'd say that for me, the iPhone 6 is staying charged a good deal longer than my iPhone 5, and charges much faster if using the higher-powered iPad charger. (BTW, my in-car chargers are supposed to support iPad, so they should charge fast too, for the iPhone 6, at least.)

*This is a new feature of the iPhone 6. All previous models will charge just fine with an iPad charger, but no faster than with an iPhone charger. See this SMUG thread.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs