gmail in the trash can

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
rmorgen72
Forum Member
Forum Member

gmail in the trash can

Post by rmorgen72 » Sat May 21, 2011 11:17 am

All of a sudden most of my gmail is being sent to gmail trash instead of the inbox. Not all but most. I tried to correct this by manually moving each mail piece to the inbox but the next time the affected mail comes it is trashed. It seems that most of what is being trashed is for the most part regular mail from friends, family & commonly used sites. MSN mail not affected. I am running a 2010 imac desk top. Any ideas? thanks, Bob

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: gmail in the trash can

Post by Stephen Hart » Sat May 21, 2011 11:23 am

I don't use gmail, but it sure sounds like a rule (filter, spam filter) got set that includes way too much of your mail. I'd start by carefully reviewing your rules, especially any you changed recently.
Worst case: delete all rules and start from scratch.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Richard Serkes » Sat May 21, 2011 11:36 am

Hopefully, someone here can answer your question but it's a gmail issue that's independent of the computer or OS you're using. There are several forums that deal specifically with gmail issues. Here's the official Google gmail forum and I bet someone there will be Johnny-on-the-Spot with a solution for you.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail?hl=en

When you get an answer please post it here on the SMUG Forum so the rest of our gmail users will benefit.
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Richard Serkes » Wed May 25, 2011 3:28 pm

rmorgen1, it's been over four (4) days since you left this inquiry. Have you resolved the problem? If so, how? By leaving the results you help others who might run into this problem.
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.