iOS 9 doesn't lose my iPhone

Discussion of issues related to iOS 9.
Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

iOS 9 doesn't lose my iPhone

Post by Stephen Hart » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:37 pm

Admittedly, I have little data, but it seems as if iTunes 12.3 and iOS 9 have combined to not lose my iPhone from the device listings. Whenever I've tried to do a WiFi sync, it's worked. That's an improvement.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: iOS 9 doesn't lose my iPhone

Post by Stephen Hart » Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:01 pm

Actually, the problems continue, but are far less frequent and less problematic than before.
To recap, roundabout iOS 8, WiFi syncing got flakey. My iPhone 6 would drop out of the Devices list in iTunes. My iPad 4 never did. I could get the iPhone 6 back on board with an iPhone restart or by plugging it in, or by restarting iTunes. Occasionally the iPhone 6 just reappeared for no reason I could detect.

iOS 9 and the concurrent iTunes versions seem to have mostly, but not completely fixed that issue with my iPhone 6s. Since I got my iPad Pro last week, it has occasionally dropped out of the iTunes Devices list. Strangely, just waking the screen brings it back. Today I saw the same issue with my iPhone 6s. I started a sync and the iPhone just disappeared from the Devices list. I clicked the Home button and it reappeared.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs