STOLEN MACBOOK PRO

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
LGmus
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

STOLEN MACBOOK PRO

Post by LGmus » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Stolen from my sister Dora's home in Port Townsend, 2012 MacBookPro, (with dvd but no "find my mac") Cloud connected so my sister could see the thief's browser and Facebook activity!! Duly reported to PT police, they identified a 28 year old woman, meth addict, already known to them--no fixed residence. (People can really get themselves messed up!--can't feel too much pity when i think of the millions of Syrian and other refugees, tho.)

Thought i'd post it in case anyone comes across a MacBook Pro--with Yosemite, or has any suggestions. Also, if anyone has a connection to PT Mac or other Mac groups, could you pass this on?
Serial number is C1MJNW2GDT3

Thanks,
(also taken was her cell phone--not iPhone) and jewelry box containing items of largely sentimental but some $ value, too.)

Lili (green)
360-681-5469 (cell: 477-1421)

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: STOLEN MACBOOK PRO

Post by Stephen Hart » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:06 pm

If our experience many years a go (in the days of PowerBooks) is anything to go by, the chances of recovering the Mac are near zero. Best to just get the insurance company to cut a check and buy another Mac.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

LGmus
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Re: STOLEN MACBOOK PRO

Post by LGmus » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:08 am

Thanks, Steve