iphoto images

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: iphoto images

Post by Richard Serkes » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:40 pm

You must have moved part of your iPhoto library to the CD rather than exporting .JPG files to it. Your new version of iPhoto needs to upgrade the files but can't since they don't reside on a CD that can be written to time and again.

Can you view the photos in Preview? If so, move them to a new folder and then import them into iPhoto from the new folder.

If the above doesn't work, try to find someone still using the older version of iPhoto so you can open the CD. Then export the files as .JPGs to a new CD and burn it. Now you'll be able to view the files in your newer version of iPhoto.
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Richard Serkes » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:50 pm

I'm confused. You said you couldn't drag the 2006 iPhoto icon into Preview. Where is this icon coming from? Is it on your old CD? That would be tantamount to trying to open an Photo library within Preview which just isn't going to happen. Did you try opening Preview and then use the FILE/OPEN menu item to access the information (individual photos) on the CD?

When you "dragged it and dropped into the current iPhoto icon" I'm guessing you dragged the old library from the CD to the current iPhoto icon either on your Dock or in the Finder. Is this correct? If so I can understand how the data on the CD got imported into the new version of iPhoto. When that happened not only did your photos move to the new iPhoto but so did all the embedded information from the old iPhoto library. That's what all those weird photos (graphics) are. Just delete them.

And I honestly can't tell by your comments if your old photos were transferred to the newer version of iPhoto. Did they get transferred?
---

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Richard Serkes » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:57 pm

I'm glad it all worked out. And I'm especially glad for the trip down memory lane. A ZIP Drive? Did we really think that was cutting edge technology?
Attachments
Iomega-Zip-Drive.jpg
Iomega-Zip-Drive.jpg (13.28 KiB) Viewed 730 times
---