iPhones and Jeans Pockets

Discussion of non-operating system issues related to iPods, iPhones, and the iPod Touch.
Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

iPhones and Jeans Pockets

Post by Stephen Hart » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:05 pm

It's always seemed sensible to me to put my iPhone in my jeans pocket with the screen facing in. If I bump against anything, I'm less likely to crack the screen.
However, that screen is touch sensitive. And several times, I've found that doing sweaty work combined with the thinness of jeans pockets produced unexpected results. I do try to remember to always lock my screen before putting my iPhone in my pocket, but, well, everyone forgets sometime.

Last week, out of the blue, a song started playing in my pocket. It made me jump. It was iTunes radio. Which I hadn't used in many days.
But this one takes the cake. This showed up on my Costco shopping list last week. *I* didn't put it there. It must have been aliens:
It one day joke ioolooiopoo
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: iPhones and Jeans Pockets

Post by Richard Serkes » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Stephen Hart wrote:It's always seemed sensible to me to put my iPhone in my jeans pocket with the screen facing in. If I bump against anything, I'm less likely to crack the screen.
However, that screen is touch sensitive. And several times, I've found that doing sweaty work combined with the thinness of jeans pockets produced unexpected results. I do try to remember to always lock my screen before putting my iPhone in my pocket, but, well, everyone forgets sometime.

Last week, out of the blue, a song started playing in my pocket. It made me jump. It was iTunes radio. Which I hadn't used in many days.
But this one takes the cake. This showed up on my Costco shopping list last week. *I* didn't put it there. It must have been aliens:
It one day joke ioolooiopoo
Oo ee oo ah ah, ting tang walla walla bing bang. Say no more, say no more. :lol:
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.