Mail

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
Bob Wiswell
Forum Member - Level 3
Forum Member - Level 3

Mail

Post by Bob Wiswell » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Occasionally when I receive an e-mail message it is spread across the screen (horizontally) so far that I have to scroll to see it. I have to keep scrolling back and forth in order to read a sentence. Is this something I can correct on my end, via mail preferences, or is it totally dependent on the senders e-mail settings? I have looked at the preference settings and I can't see anything that would seem to solve the problem, maybe other than font size. However, the font size stays constant for all messages, so I can't see how that would have an effect on the problem, since this happens only occasionally.

I am using Olypen as my provider and I am running Tiger 10.4.11 on a 17 in. MacBookPro Intel Core Duo, if that has any bearing on the problem.

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: Mail

Post by Richard Serkes » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

It's the way the sender has formatted his email. There's not much you can do about it.

Microsoft's Entourage used to have a button to click that would do a word wrap based on the size of your viewing window. I'm not sure if the newer Outlook has this feature.

Try this, the next time you receive an email like this highlight the text and COPY it. Then PASTE it into a new mail window. That might work.
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.

Jay Cline
Forum Member - Level 4
Forum Member - Level 4
Location: A sleepy little mill town with a smokestack or two on one end.

Post by Jay Cline » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:02 pm

When those html formatted emails come in give this a try. Open the email then hold down these keys "Command+Option+P”
-----------------
This is where I'd normally write an impressive summary of my skills and proficiencies.

Bob Wiswell
Forum Member - Level 3
Forum Member - Level 3

Post by Bob Wiswell » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:28 am

Thanks for the tips. I'll try to remember to post the results the next time I receive a message of this type.