Mail Glitch In Mavericks

Discussion of issues related to OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) and all earlier versions of OS X.
Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Mail Glitch In Mavericks

Post by Richard Serkes » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:20 pm

I have a lot of groups in my Contacts app that lets me send email to a lot of people without having to type in each name individually. For example, I have a group called HIKERS that consists of 34 individuals. All I do is type HIKERS in the To: field and they all get the same message. But to protect privacy I've always used the preference in Mail that doesn't list the individuals. To do this I leave the appropriate box unchecked (see attachment below) What the individual recipient sees is "undisclosed-recipients" and that's all.

I just noticed that this isn't working. A couple of emails I've sent show the individual names and addresses and I even created a test group with several of my aliases and it also showed them all. This feature worked fine before Mavericks but not now. Is this a glitch in the Mavericks version of Mail? Is anyone else having this problem?

A work around is to put the group name in the Bcc: field with the original going to me but this means I get an email I really don't need. Any other ideas?
Attachments
Groups.png
Groups.png (122.96 KiB) Viewed 2150 times
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: Mail Glitch In Mavericks

Post by Stephen Hart » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:25 pm

There's some discussion of group mailing in Mavericks Mail on Macintouch recently. You might want to see if any of those postings help.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: Mail Glitch In Mavericks

Post by Richard Serkes » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Stephen Hart wrote:There's some discussion of group mailing in Mavericks Mail on Macintouch recently. You might want to see if any of those postings help.
Okey dokey.
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.