e-mail addresses

Discussion of non-operating system issues related to iPods, iPhones, and the iPod Touch.
Bob Wiswell
Forum Member - Level 3
Forum Member - Level 3

e-mail addresses

Post by Bob Wiswell » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:03 am

How do I insert new e-mail addresses into my new iPhone 5c or do I have to type in the address if I am writing to someone who hasn't previously sent me a message? Or, can I insert/store/access my e-mail address book in the phone, if so how?

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: e-mail addresses

Post by Stephen Hart » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Touch and hold the e-mail address and choose from the contextual menu that pops up. You can later edit the contact created.

If this doesn't seem to work, it might be because you already have that address in Contacts. Then a tap takes you to the Contacts entry.

Autofill on iOS works very well. I usually only have to type a single letter in the To field of a new e-mail.

[Later]

Oh, and yes, Contacts on the Mac can be synced to your iPhone by way of iCloud. Works like magic. We use this extensively, syncing among two iPhones and three Macs. Don't forget that there's a note field in Contacts entries. That comes in very handy sometimes.
The paradigm shift comes when you realize that these are computers, and there's no reason to limit the number of contacts or the amount of data each contact holds. The sky's the limit.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs