How do I sync my iPad with my MacBook pro calendar

Discussion of non-operating system issues related to iPods, iPhones, and the iPod Touch.
milesbb
Forum Member
Forum Member

How do I sync my iPad with my MacBook pro calendar

Post by milesbb » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:53 pm

How do I sync my iPad calendar with my MacBook pro calendar? I have the original iPad, Mac Book Pro with up to date operating system. I sync with iTunes and cable, not iCloud.

Thanks
Brian Miles

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: How do I sync my iPad with my MacBook pro calendar

Post by Stephen Hart » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:06 pm

There may be some issues I don't know about related to the ager of your iPad, but there are two ways to sync a calendar, either by way of iTunes (Info tab) or by way of iCloud.

To sync with iTunes, make sure your iPad is showing in the sidebar of iTunes, then select the iPad and then the Info tab.

We sync an iPad, two iPhones and three Macs with iCloud, and it just works. Depending on where your'e starting from, you might have to work out some kinks right at the beginning.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

milesbb
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by milesbb » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:47 am

Thanks Stephen,
I checked the info tab it states the calendar is synced over the air from iCloud. It states this can be changed on the iPad. I can not find how to change this to cable sync. No evidence that the Mac Book Pro, the iCloud or the iPad calendars are synced. I installed a calendar app that added holidays could this be the problem? I have fumbled around with iCloud setup, I get confused about what I am asking it to do and what the repercussions are. Works great for find my iPad but nothing else.
Brian Miles

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Stephen Hart » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:09 am

Check in System Preferences > iCloud to see what preferences you have checked. You can also check System Preferences > Mail, Contacts & Calendars. If you want to sync with iTunes, these need to be turned off.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Ray Bentsen
Administrator

Post by Ray Bentsen » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:47 pm

milesbb wrote:Thanks Stephen,
I checked the info tab it states the calendar is synced over the air from iCloud. It states this can be changed on the iPad. I can not find how to change this to cable sync. No evidence that the Mac Book Pro, the iCloud or the iPad calendars are synced. I installed a calendar app that added holidays could this be the problem? I have fumbled around with iCloud setup, I get confused about what I am asking it to do and what the repercussions are. Works great for find my iPad but nothing else.
Brian Miles
Having contacts sync using iTunes (on your Mac) rather than syncing using iCloud is as easy as checking the iTunes checkbox shown below.

Just be sure you don't check this checkbox it if you have set up your iDevice and Mac to sync using iCloud ... you will get duplicates that are caused by "circular syncing".
Attachments
Info Tab.jpg
Info Tab.jpg (112.38 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
An old Norse adage: Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.