kindle for 39$

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
pattygraham
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

kindle for 39$

Post by pattygraham » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 am

Richard you mentioned you could help us get a kindle for $39. I looked on amazon and it was 69

Thanks for your help. enjoyed your presentation

Patty

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: kindle for 39$

Post by Richard Serkes » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:17 pm

pattygraham wrote:Richard you mentioned you could help us get a kindle for $39. I looked on amazon and it was 69

Thanks for your help. enjoyed your presentation

Patty
Here's the deal... When you check out (or even before) you'll have the opportunity to apply for/and receive an Amazon VISA card. Go to the Amazon website and search VISA CARD. If you accept the card Amazon will give you a $30 credit towards your first purchase and you can use that credit towards the Kindle in your shopping cart. So the Kindle which is $69 minus the $30 credit nets out to $39. Before Christmas the Amazon VISA card was coming with a $50 credit so I scored a new Kindle (to replace my old one) for a mere $19. They do this because they want you to buy books and other merchandise from them and use the Amazon VISA card elsewhere which also generates revenue for Amazon.

This VISA card has no annual fee and doesn't have to be used after the initial purchase. If you want to, you can buy your Kindle and get the credit...pay off the balance...wait a few months and then close the account.
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.

pattygraham
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Post by pattygraham » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Well I guess that leaves me out as I already have an amazon visa... Thanks anyhow. I'll have to check to see how much rewards I have maybe I can cut the cost a little..

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Richard Serkes » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:35 pm

pattygraham wrote:Well I guess that leaves me out as I already have an amazon visa... Thanks anyhow. I'll have to check to see how much rewards I have maybe I can cut the cost a little..
Do you have a significant other who would buy it with a new VISA card? You could pay that person and then he/she could cancel the card. There are always ways...
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.