Air print printer recommendations

Discussion of non-operating system issues related to all iPads.
Photo Jeanne
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Air print printer recommendations

Post by Photo Jeanne » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:02 am

Does any one have a printer recommendation for me? I would prefer an HP Photosmart since I also print a lot of photos. Thanks

briant30
Forum Member
Forum Member

Re: Air print printer recommendations

Post by briant30 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:07 am

HP C440 did not really reached my expectation as an HP printer but it is really not that bad. It works perfectly well though you cannot load too much paper in it because it will surely get jammed. I do not have problems with its printer drives and works well with a wireless router. It also does not have costly ink as you can see on this
Last edited by briant30 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: Air print printer recommendations

Post by Stephen Hart » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:44 am

To get wireless capability, you need to check the particular printer model. Normally this feature will be clearly advertised. Then you need to set it up.

You might look at Canon printers. We bought an MX882 from Costco a short time back. It prints photos beautifully*, is quite fast for black and white type, seems to have no problems with different paper, goes to sleep and then wakes when a Mac wakes. You can buy individual cartridges from Amazon. You don't have to replace whole sets.

*As with any color printer, it's not necessarily easy to get prints to exactly match what you see on screen. In experimenting with this printer, we tried genuine Canon paper, for which there's a specific printer profile. We didn't see all that much difference from cheaper Costco paper.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs