Mail

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
Mary Howard
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Mail

Post by Mary Howard » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:47 pm

I have three mail accounts. One through Apple for whatever they use it for. Two gmail accounts that come into the apple e-mail area, one personal and one business. I use the business account only for business. Lately every e-mail I send goes to the person I am sending to as if I sent it from the business account. Even though I am very careful to designate the personal address as the sender. Any suggestions on how to stop this?
The past you can not change, the future you do not know. Handle today.
IN GOD WE TRUST

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: Mail

Post by Stephen Hart » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:03 pm

Generally, if you just hit Reply, the sender for the new e-mail you create is the one the original e-mail was sent to. That may not be the sender you want.

You should be able to choose which account to send from, and which signature to use.

We can test this for you if you like.

Apple does not use your e-mail for anything secret. What they do is to give you a free Apple e-mail attached to your Apple ID. That might be an @icloud.com or @me.com (or even @mac.com) address. Any current Apple ID requires a valid e-mail that's not an Apple domain. That's so they can send e-mail about your account even if iCloud is down for some reason.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Mary Howard
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Re: Mail

Post by Mary Howard » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Thanks. My problem is when I send an original email myself. Not when I reply. Up until just a short time ago I was able to select but now I can't or even if I do it goes back to the business account. Apple care could not figure out what was going on so they are sending me to Lynnwood Mall tomorrow. I explained just what a trip that would be but that if they could arrange an appointment for tomorrow we were going over any how and I would take the Mac with me. They arranged the time I wanted.
The past you can not change, the future you do not know. Handle today.
IN GOD WE TRUST