Move Picture

Discussion of non-operating system issues related to all iPads.
Bob Wiswell
Forum Member - Level 3
Forum Member - Level 3

Move Picture

Post by Bob Wiswell » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:09 pm

I have a picture on my iPad that I received as an attachment in an email. How do I move that picture into my photos app on the iPad- or can I move that picture to my photos in the photos app on the iPad?

The iPad is running iOS 10.3.2. I cannot go through my computer because it is old and maxed out with Snow Leopard. So whatever I do, I have to do with my iPad or iPhone. I do have an icloud account and both the iphone and iPad can go there, but I don't see any way to save the attached email picture, or to download it onto the iPad.

Thanks.

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: Move Picture

Post by Stephen Hart » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:42 am

I had to look this up:

As of iOS 10, there's a new method for saving images from an email in Mail to the Camera album in Photos.

Touch and hold the image in the email. (On my iPhone 6s, I needed to not touch and press. That yields a different result.)
Hold for a while, and you'll get a panel with options. (It seemed to me that I had to hold a long time.)
One option is to Save Image. It's automatically saved to the Camera album. Of course, then you can move it to another album, or carry out any other function from Photos.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Bob Wiswell
Forum Member - Level 3
Forum Member - Level 3

Post by Bob Wiswell » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:01 am

Thanks Stephen, that worked. I didn't have to hold long, but I found that you just need to touch and not press on the picture. I found that one time it didn't seem to want to work and I found I was pressing too hard; I let up and touched again and it went immediately.

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Stephen Hart » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:12 pm

I found I was pressing too hard; I let up and touched again and it went immediately.
That's a problem in the current versions of iOS: learning to distinguish between a touch and hold vs. a touch and press.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs