Page 1 of 1

Don't Do This!

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:59 am
by Richard Serkes
Apparently there are people who think this is funny. Apparently there are people who are not tech savvy enough to realize this is not from Apple and following these fake instructions will destroy an iDevice. So let me be clear...

Don't Do This!

Re: Don't Do This!

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:35 pm
by Stephen Hart
Apparently there are people who are not tech savvy enough to realize this is not from Apple and following these fake instructions will destroy an iDevice.
Destroying the iPad or iPhone is the least of the dangers. It will certainly also make the microwave unusable, even if it still works afterward. It will also cause your kitchen to fill with dangerous fumes and smoke.
All that burning hazardous waste, don't you know.

It could also set your kitchen, or even your whole house, on fire.

I'm with Richard. This is a despicable non-joke.

Re: Don't Do This!

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:13 pm
by Richard Serkes
Stephen Hart wrote:
Apparently there are people who are not tech savvy enough to realize this is not from Apple and following these fake instructions will destroy an iDevice.
Destroying the iPad or iPhone is the least of the dangers. It will certainly also make the microwave unusable, even if it still works afterward. It will also cause your kitchen to fill with dangerous fumes and smoke.
All that burning hazardous waste, don't you know.

It could also set your kitchen, or even your whole house, on fire.

I'm with Richard. This is a despicable non-joke.
Geez, your comments sound like any time my wife is making dinner.

Re: Don't Do This!

Posted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:40 pm
by Stephen Hart
Well, we have two cooks--each with minor professional experience--in our family, so I guess I'm lucky.

My daughter, when she was much younger, once left a frying pan of chilies on the stove and caused a general evacuation as capsaicin-laden smoke filled our whole house.

A microwaved iPad or iPhone would be much, much worse.