iPhone 4s and Siri
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:51 am
Here are a couple of mini rave from Macintouch:
Siri is absolutele wonderful. Try these little gems of queries:
- "What is the square root of 39.68745?" (Or, any other number!) You'll get an answer!
- "What is the integral of one over ex dee ex?" You'll get an answer!
- "What is five pounds in kilograms?" You'll get an answer!
- "Call Petrillo's Pizza in San Gabriel California." Say yes, and it will start dialing!
- "What is the value of Pandora stock?" It will speak it to you!
Oddly, though, the following DOES NOT work:
- "Call AppleCare." Siri reports it can't find AppleCare in your address book and asks if you would like it to search the Web.
Received my iPhone 4S on Friday afternoon. It's an upgrade for me from my 3GS. Activation was smooth and easy - perhaps because I waited until Saturday so the servers at Apple may have been less busy than on Friday. I am amazed at how well Siri works, especially after reading some negative comments. I sent some text messages and the accuracy of the dictation was excellent. Today I asked for directions to a particular restaurant and it gave me what I needed.