iPhone 10th Anniversary

Discussion of non-operating system issues related to iPods, iPhones, and the iPod Touch.
Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

iPhone 10th Anniversary

Post by Stephen Hart » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:03 pm

appleinsider has several pieces on the iPhone 10th.

This short movie, sponsored by Apple France, and in French, is well done, funny, touching and includes visual jokes for the quick of eye. There are also nods to early Mac ads, the famous Pixar Luxo Jr. short and Alfred Hitchcock. It was recorded all on iPhones--well, on iPhones if you think of the iPhone as the computer and sensor clamped inside a device that includes stabilization, add-on lenses, etc.
I recommend it. There are also some shorts with the director--Michel Gondry, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"--explaining how some of the material was recorded (also in French).

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/06/ ... -on-iphone
Last edited by Stephen Hart on Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: iPhone 10th Anniversary

Post by Stephen Hart » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:12 pm

It also occurs to me that the rumored "iPhone 8" may well really be the "10th Anniversary iPhone," echoing the 20th Anniversary Mac.
Steve Jobs

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: iPhone 10th Anniversary

Post by Stephen Hart » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Ha! I was right. The new, advanced iPhone is the X, for tenth anniversary. Hope I can stay awake till midnight on October 27.

(Apple did break with tradition in numbering the evolutionary model 8 instead of 7s.)
Steve Jobs