Messaging not syncing between iPad and iPhone

Discussion of non-operating system issues related to iPods, iPhones, and the iPod Touch.
SequimSherry
Forum Member
Forum Member

Messaging not syncing between iPad and iPhone

Post by SequimSherry » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:01 pm

I recently bought an iPad Pro, as my other one died. I find that I am having issues with messaging some folks, not all, from my iPad. I am getting "not delivered"messages. Also, I am getting messages on my iPhone that do not appear on my iPad. It is very frustrating. One possible cause might be that I opted to not get cellular on the iPad this time. I can see this happening when I'm not home, but why when I am home and on wifi. I am planning on coming to the SMUG meeting on Tuesday, Sequim weather pending. Anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks.

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: Messaging not syncing between iPad and iPhone

Post by Stephen Hart » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:34 pm

One possible cause might be that I opted to not get cellular on the iPad this time.
FWIW, we see Messages on our iPad Pro (WiFi only), as well as on our iPhones and Macs.

Check to see that you're logged into the same Apple ID on the iPad. You can set up a secondary Apple ID too.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Ray Bentsen
Administrator

Re: Messaging not syncing between iPad and iPhone

Post by Ray Bentsen » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:09 pm

Sherry,

Are you using the Messages app on both your iPhone and iPad?

If so, and all is working well on the iPhone, you might check the Messages settings on the iPad and make sure that they are the same as on your iPhone (including "Text Message Forwarding").

And are you sure that the devices "Send as SMS" option is turned on for recipients who do not have Apple devices!

Good luck!!
;)
An old Norse adage: Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.