Contact List

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
Ray Bentsen
Administrator

Re: Contact List

Post by Ray Bentsen » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Mary,

Here is one thing to try that can't hurt anything. It is the old trick of turning something off and then turning it back on again.

Try turning iCloud Contact syncing off, and then turn it back on again. The steps are below.

When finished, log back onto iCloud.com and see if the list of contacts contains the ones that were missing before.

;)
Attachments
Off and On.jpg
Off and On.jpg (49.86 KiB) Viewed 476 times
An old Norse adage: Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Mary Howard
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Post by Mary Howard » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Nope still didn't work, think I will call apple care. Thanks for all you have tried to do.
The past you can not change, the future you do not know. Handle today.
IN GOD WE TRUST

Mary Howard
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Post by Mary Howard » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 pm

Okay everyone that tried to help me on this problem. I spentabout 3 hours on the phone with 3 different apple care consultants but the last one, a supervisor, finally solved the problem. Each one got me a little farther down the road to the solution. It had something to do with contacts and notes syncing through my @me.com e-mail account in iCloud instead of just through iCloud. They are planning to update that in time but have been busy updating other things lately and these things just are not that important in the grand scheme of things. Don't ask me how to do the fix I only pushed buttons and followed instructions. But everything is syncing beautifully.
The past you can not change, the future you do not know. Handle today.
IN GOD WE TRUST