Notes on new iPad

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
errolloving
Forum Member - Level 2
Forum Member - Level 2

Notes on new iPad

Post by errolloving » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:18 pm

I can only keep one note--only saves oldest note --sends others to email.

riverkeeper
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Re: Notes on new iPad

Post by riverkeeper » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:52 pm

Notes is one of those Mac thingies I learned by just trying ... IOW hitting keys till I get what I want (prolly explains me pretty well ;-)

When done with a note and want to save it ... just tap the + sign at the upper right ... a fresh note page appears which can be a new note .... AND Your first note is saved ... AFTER THAT to exit Notes push the Home Key.

Now I'm not saying that's the 'right' way, but it's worked for me for a month.....hope this helps, if not you are beyond my help.
If you think the price of being well informed and educated is high, try ignorance.

Mary Howard
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Post by Mary Howard » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:55 pm

I am having the same problem. I do the plus the new note pops up then Itype what the note is and hit return or new note or what ever,the new note appears then in a out 10to 15 minutes it sends me an email and dissapears from notes. It saves only the last, oldest note. The instruction for iPad says hit the done button. If someone can tell me where the done button is for notes I would gladly hit it. By the way I am using the new iPad or iPad or iPad 3 or what ever. Is this something wrong with the new iPad? Thanks for help.
The past you can not change, the future you do not know. Handle today.
IN GOD WE TRUST

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Stephen Hart » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:54 am

On the iPhone, Done replaces the + on the upper right hand corner of the Notes screen.

If I understand right, Notes is designed to sync with a Mac. If you want to keep notes just on your iPad or iPhone, and want more elaborate bells and whistles: categories, embedded graphics, etc., there are many note apps to choose from. I use NoteMaster.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

riverkeeper
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Post by riverkeeper » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:44 pm

This is only a guess ... I am an iPad and IOS and iCloud newbie.

Could this be a Sync issue in iCloud with Notes/Mail or something else Syncie. All my iCloud Sync options are OFF.

Bring it to the meeting and someone will probably be able to flog it into submission.
If you think the price of being well informed and educated is high, try ignorance.

Mary Howard
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Post by Mary Howard » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Okay I"ll bring it to PA meeting. I called apple support, he kept saying the done key is in upper right corner. Not so, there is only a plus sign. Thanks for help though,

IN GOD WE TRUST

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Richard Serkes » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Mary Howard wrote:Okay I"ll bring it to PA meeting. I called apple support, he kept saying the done key is in upper right corner. Not so, there is only a plus sign. Thanks for help though.
When you tap the PLUS key in the upper right hand corner it saves the note you're working on and prepares the tablet for the next note. Think: "I'm done with that note now I can do something else." If you tap the PLUS key it's like saving the current note so if you tap the PLUS then close you've saved everything you've created even multiple notes.

In a way DONE and SAVED are synonymous.

But as Stephen has pointed out there are some third party apps the do the job a whole lot better.
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Richard Serkes » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:10 pm

By the way, is everyone using iOS v5.1? If not, please update your iOS so we are all using the same system. That will make toubleshooting easier.
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.

Mary Howard
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Post by Mary Howard » Wed May 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Sorry I was unable to attend the May meeting. Problems at the last minute. I went to the Apple store in Alderwood Mall on Monday the 7th and they didn't know what was happening and of course the iPad saved every test we put into it. He did suggest that I stop having the notes sent to my Mac at home because the notes always seemed to delete after e-mailing. So now I am testing that theory. He also explained that on the New iPad the key that makes the key board dissapear is the same as the done key. On the iPhone there is a done key but not on the iPad so the keyboard retract button is the replacement.
IN GOD WE TRUST

Mary Howard
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Post by Mary Howard » Fri May 18, 2012 8:50 pm

Just so everyone knows; my iPad kept sending e-mails of the notes I made to my Mac--then it would delete the note. If I didn't save the e-mail so I could refer to it I lost the note. It didn't matter how many times I pushed what button or where. Finally I tried turning off the e-mail feature. It worked, I have been able to save my notes on the notes in my iPad and they quit disappearing. Must be something to do with the way the notes app interfaces with the iCloud and the Mac in the e-mail process that causes this. Don't know but so far so good.
IN GOD WE TRUST