Sent to me by a club member. Some of the announcement may be a bit scrambled in translation, but you should be able to track down the original document.
Olympic Educational Service District 114
105 National Avenue North Bremerton, WA 98312
(360) 479-0993FAX (360) 782-5093 www.oesd.wednet.edu
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT Job #1112-18
The Olympic Educational Service District is accepting applications for the following position:
LOCATION: CONTRACT TERMS:
12/5/11 CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled Network Support Technician II Part Year
Port Angeles OESD Office
200 days at 8 hours per day ProTech Service Provider Level B, Step 1: $23.80 per hour
Work Year: Salary: Benefits:
Full Medical ProRated Medical Dental, Vision & Group Life Voluntary Life
Retirement No Benefits Sick Leave Vacation Leave Paid Holidays
The following documents are required:
OESD application (found at http://www.oesd.wednet.edu)
Letter of interest should give examples of your ability to meet each qualification point listed on the
reverse side of this announcement.
Letters of recommendation
Xerox copies of degrees, transcripts and/or certifications as required on position description
Note: All Head Start/ECEAP/EHS positions require transcripts listing specific courses taken to be submitted.
Employees newly hired or rehired who may have unsupervised access to children must have a fingerprint check completed by the Washington State Patrol and the FBI. Employment is conditional pending a satisfactory background check.
Please submit your materials to: Human Resources Department, Olympic Educational Service District 114, 105 National Avenue North, Bremerton, Washington 98312 (360) 479-0993.
The Olympic Educational Service District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with ADA’s requirements. Visit our Web Site at www.oesd.wednet.edu
Board of Directors
Jay GarrettDean KiessRay OndracekOLKYaMtiePPICroEteSaDu11D4onn RingKaren SorgerJean Wasson Walt Bigby, SuperintendentOLYMPIC ESD 114 POSITION DESCRIPTION
Network Support Technician II Part Year
Placement: ProTech Service Provider: Level B Fingerprints: Not Required
Financial and Instructional Support Services
Data & Technology Services
200 days/year 8 hours per day
Designation of Official Station
Title of Immediate Supervisor
Network Services Director
Title of Next Higher Supervisor
Data & Technology Services Director
Provide computer, telecommunications and network support including installation and maintenance of equipment and software.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Install and maintain computer, telecommunications, and networking equipment and software, including operating systems.
2. Configure and administer Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac O/S, and Linux/Unix network servers and client computers.
3. Configure and administer server-based applications, including electronic mail services.
4. Provide telecommunications troubleshooting, communications assistance, and general network assistance.
5. Determine type and degree of problem; resolve or refer the problem or client to appropriate source for resolution.
6. Provide support for electronic mail and Internet-related services.
7. Assist and coordinate with other department staff to accomplish support tasks as needed.
8. Maintain knowledge of best practice and current initiatives in the field by reading publications, periodicals and books relevant
to field, attending conferences and workshops. Inform and disseminate knowledge of best practice and current initiatives in
the field to local school districts/schools and community partners.
9. Represent OESD through professionalism advocacy, marketing, and promotion. Articulate core/key program components and
outcomes to show the benefits of program services and prepare materials and disseminate information to stakeholders.
10. Model appropriate professional behavior.
Other Job Functions:
1. Maintain documentation and configuration information as assigned.
2. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Associates degree or equivalent in related field preferred. Appropriate experience may be substituted.
2. Working knowledge of Windows desktop and server and Linux/Unix operating systems; Apple Mac OS experience desirable.
3. Two years of computer support service experience. Required Skills,
Knowledge and/or Abilities:
1. Technical knowledge of personal computer systems, related peripheral devices and software, including a working knowledge
of Windows network functions.
2. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot computer equipment and software problems.
3. Must have good human relations and interpersonal skills.
4. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Accurate typing and keyboarding skills.
6. Ability to work flexible days and hours.
7. Ability to travel; reliable transportation.
Required Licenses and/or Certifications: 1. None required
Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests