Another Email Photo Attachment Problem

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
Jim Ude
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Re: Another Email Photo Attachment Problem

Post by Jim Ude » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:32 pm

Ah, there's a page 2, duh! Not abandoned. Embarrassed? Yea. Ok, so I called OlympusNet who could offer no solutions and felt it was an Apple mail support problem--pass the buck. They could see the attachment, it was not beyond their size limitations and they had no clue why it wasn't passing on with the body of the email. They had not encountered this before.
I will fwd the email to Stephen & Jay and see what they can see. I did fwd my iphone version to myself and it went fast, no big email. I could see where Verizon may limit the size of attachments and it happened that the first time it was small enough to come through to my iPhone but not this hummer.
I appreciate all the brain power on this quirk but at least it's a challenge for you experts. I'll give Thunderbird a try tomorrow.

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Stephen Hart » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:01 pm

Well, I'm baffled. I got the forwarded e-mail, and it had no attachments.

What if your correspondent sent a message with, say, one image, to someone else, just as a test. I'll volunteer, but I also use Mail. Maybe someone who uses another e-mail app could volunteer.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Jim Ude
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Post by Jim Ude » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Just a f/u on this problem. Tried Thunderbird but it had the same problem. A long discussion with Josh at OlympusNet did not come up with the cause of the problem. My China contact created a new Yahoo account and sent pictures with no problem. Apparently there was something in his China 21cn email account that was causing/associated with the email attachment problem. With yahoo working, I'm ready to put this to rest. Thanks for all your time and help in trying to figure out this perplexing problem! Yea Yahoo.