New Airport Express = no canon printer.

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
Maryann Proctor
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

New Airport Express = no canon printer.

Post by Maryann Proctor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Our old Airport died and we got a new Airport Express. Now I cannot access my Canon MP620 printer at all. I feel like I am in the middle of a nightmare. What do I do?
I called Apple but they didn't know what to tell me. Have any of you had this problem? I am in so far over my head.
Thanks,
Maryann

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: New Airport Express = no canon printer.

Post by Richard Serkes » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:32 pm

Here's a thread from Apple Support. Follow these steps and then report back to us what happened.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/15922831#15922831
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.

Maryann Proctor
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Post by Maryann Proctor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:12 pm

Thanks but all these were tried, the guy from Apple had me delete the printer from both my computers and now it is not found at all. I downloaded all the current drivers etc. from Canon and still not found any where and it will not let me find it by trying to add a new printer. It is only a ghost sitting on my desk.
Maryann

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Richard Serkes » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:16 pm

Well, I'm stumped. You may have to call in the Big Gun aka David Hannon to get this working.
---

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Stephen Hart » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Have you tried plugging the printer to the Mac with a USB cord? You may need to get it wired to set it up for wireless.

I assume you've already powered down the printer and then powered it back up. You many need to unplug it.

Does your Mac see the AirPort Express? And is the Express set up properly? I vaguely recall that there are two different setups for the AE, depending on whether you're using it as a repeater or not.
Last edited by Stephen Hart on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Richard Serkes » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:06 pm

In your original post you said your old Airport died and you got a new Airport Express and now you can't use your printer via the Airport. What you didn't say was whether your "dead" Airport was an Express or an Extreme (base station).

Please let us know what the deceased hardware was.
---

Maryann Proctor
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Post by Maryann Proctor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:32 pm

I tried it every way possible with this computer. The old Airport was an extreme base station and David set it up originally. Any way I tried it it kept telling me it was not communicating, it failed every time the computer recognized it but the printer didn't see it or accept it. I think that somewhere there was a way to input the new airport but could never find it. Now it is just gone and I cannot find it to reinstall it into the printer box.
I am going to just have to push it aside, I have an Art Show I am Chairing and need to concentrate on it. Out of time to play with this anymore. Makes me wish I had just limped along on the dying Airport a little longer at least then the printer worked.
Maryann

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Richard Serkes » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:09 am

This still sounds like a job for Super Dave.
---

briant30
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by briant30 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:58 am

does mac have problems with canon printers? i had mine working great straight for 1 month not until i changed my printer toner. I still used original manufactured ink, here. and it went nuts after? got frequent error codes saying that i need to replace my ink, but i just did it! i knew what the problem was, we were using this which actually fits but is not intended for Canon!
Last edited by briant30 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Richard Serkes » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:44 am

briant30 wrote:does mac have problems with canon printers? i had mine working great straight for 1 month not until i changed my printer toner. I still used original manufactured ink, here. and it went nuts after? got frequent error codes saying that i need to replace my ink, but i just did it!
Make sure the new cartridge is firmly seated in the cradle. If the cradle's sensors can't detect the metallic "fingers" on the bottom of the cartridge you'll get some strange error messages including the one telling you you need a new cartridge.

Oh, you did remove the plastic protector from the "fingers" didn't you?
---