Printer Recommendations

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
Bob Wiswell
Forum Member - Level 3
Forum Member - Level 3

Re: Printer Recommendations

Post by Bob Wiswell » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:50 am

Since this thread has been reopened. I have used Epson almost exclusively and have been pleased with their performance. I am presently using an Epson Stylus CX4200 all-in-one machine.

Jeanne, on this machine there is a "color management' or ColorSync" control to adjust the color settings in the printer software. I have never used it. According to my book, it is in the print dialogue box in the Print Settings pop-up menu. You might look for something like this if you are still trying to solve this problem.

briant30
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post by briant30 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:05 pm

i have a Epson CX 9400 in 10.5.6. system and aside from the fact that i have tried that colorsync feature because my printer would not run nor even scan. I cannot read the ICC profile and it cancels every image that i try to save. When i scan a picture i usually get the same message "Could not read the ICC profile. Saving image canceled." I was able to get the R260-ICCs installer and installed it but it still would not work. I got the printer from my aunt and replace it with new Epson ink this
Last edited by briant30 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

jeanne
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Post by jeanne » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:10 am

Ended up buying another Epson Printer - the Artisan 837. It's got all kinds of bells and whistles - when it starts operating it makes all kinds of sounds trays moving, etc, etc.
Pretty much resigned to using Costco for anything larger than 5x7.

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Stephen Hart » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:33 am

Pretty much resigned to using Costco for anything larger than 5x7.
Our Canon MX882 does excellent 8x10s.

Also, Apple's print service from iPhoto or Aperture is excellent in our experience. We've had half a dozen 20 x 30 prints made and the only disappointment was a poster with a lot of white background. That came out too gray, as one would expect from an automatic service. (It would be nice if they had a way for you to designate a spot as white or black.) I have no reason to believe that smaller sizes would be anything but excellent too.
You do need to pay attention to aspect ratio.

I wish Apple would add a panorama printer that'd cut off the paper after it got to the end of the image.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs