Announcement

There will be no dues for 2018 until further notice, and all meetings in 2018 will be in Sequim!

Note: This Announcement can be dismissed by clicking the (magically appearing) X in the top right corner of this box.

Mail VIP

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Starlane
Forum Member
Forum Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mail VIP

Post by Starlane » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:51 pm

I have been experiencing a odd problem with the VIP sender feature of Apple Mail on my iMac running High Sierra version 10.13.6 (17G5019). I recently got an emailed invoice from a new company. After fishing it out of my junk mail, I noticed that it had a VIP star on it. This was odd since I had not made that company a VIP sender.

When I looked in my VIP sender list it was not there. So I tried to add it but the only option was to remove it. I removed it and noticed that a different VIP sender (Gen Tech) went away. So I found an Email from that sender and added it back in to the VIP sender list. When I clicked on its entry in the ViP sender list I got this:
vipscreen.png
vipscreen.png (242.42 KiB) Viewed 287 times
If I delete Gen Tech from the VIP sender list and then add Full Spectrum, the VIP sender list shows Full Spectrum but, when selected shows the same list of emails both from Gen Tech and Full Spectrum. Both senders are in my contacts list and have no overlapping names or email addresses. I am at a loss to explain what is wrong and would like to add both companies to the VIP sender list independently. Can anyone help with this?

Starlane
Forum Member
Forum Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mail VIP update

Post by Starlane » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:57 pm

I still have this problem. NO one appears to have seen this post. Does anyone have any idea on what's going on with my mail VIP feature?