Announcement

There will be no dues for 2018 until further notice, and all meetings in 2018 will be in Sequim!

Note: This Announcement can be dismissed by clicking the (magically appearing) X in the top right corner of this box.

Numbers spreadsheet help

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bob Wiswell
Forum Member - Level 3
Forum Member - Level 3
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Numbers spreadsheet help

Post by Bob Wiswell » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:33 pm

I am trying to drag a picture/object from the finder into a numbers spreadsheet and it goes into a cell and I can't do anything with it. All of the manuals/instructions, I have read, say that I can drag a picture into a spreadsheet and move it around, resize it , etc. I CAN'T. I could do this is Excel. What am I doing wrong?

I can insert a picture by using the top menu of insert>choose>click but this is laborious going to the menu each time. I am not trying to insert a photo from the Photos app/library either. Sometimes it is as simple as inserting a screenshot into a spreadsheet.

I am using iWork 09 with El Capitan operating system.

Ray Bentsen
Administrator
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Numbers spreadsheet help

Post by Ray Bentsen » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:11 pm

Drag the object to a space outside of the spreadsheet table, so the object is not being dragged into a cell. If the table fills the whole window, either make the table a little smaller or the window bigger. When you do this the object should go into its own layer, so that it can be manipulated.

At least that is how it works on my iMac with Mojave and Numbers ver5.3 .
Attachments
Numbers with photo.png
Numbers with photo.png (139.7 KiB) Viewed 564 times
An old Norse adage: Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Bob Wiswell
Forum Member - Level 3
Forum Member - Level 3

Re: Numbers spreadsheet help

Post by Bob Wiswell » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:30 pm

Thanks Ray. That works. I never found that procedure in any of the instruction manuals or in Apple Help.
In all cases it just said, "Drag a file from a folder".

Thanks again!