iTunes playlist issue

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
KarenColes
Forum Member - Level 3
Forum Member - Level 3

iTunes playlist issue

Post by KarenColes » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:31 pm

I'm having great difficulty trying to transfer a playlist from my Mac to my iPhone. I have my iPhone connected to my Mac, and there seem to be 2 problems involved:

1. I can't seem to delete an old playlist from my phone. Using the phone unconnected, I easily deleted the old playlist. It's gone from the phone. But it still shows up as an existing playlist under "Devices/iPhone" in the left panel when I connect the phone to the Mac. I select it, press delete, but it's still there.

2. The new playlist I want to transfer to the phone shows up, as it should, under "Music Playlists" in the left panel. I select it and drag it up to my iPhone's list. It appears as it should. The list of items under my phone lights up with a blue box around it. (except for the old playlist I was trying to delete, which is outside the blue box.) But the new playlist doesn't ever appear in the iPhone list of items.

There must be some button someplace that is causing this. It probably has something to do with syncing which I have set to do manually, not automatically. Obviously, I don't use iTunes very often, so I'm fumbling around trying to find something that works. Help!

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: iTunes playlist issue

Post by Stephen Hart » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:53 am

I may be off base here, but I think what you're missing is the Music checklist you see when you select your iPhone from the Devices list. It's on the upper half of the sidebar in Settings, not the lower half. You need to check the playlists you want synced.
See screenshot:
Attachments
list.jpg
list.jpg (40.89 KiB) Viewed 314 times
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

KarenColes
Forum Member - Level 3
Forum Member - Level 3

Re: iTunes playlist issue

Post by KarenColes » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:31 pm

Thanks. Got it!