Making a film clip for UTube

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
jeanne
Forum Member - Level 1
Forum Member - Level 1

Making a film clip for UTube

Post by jeanne » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:16 pm

About a year ago, I did a video on my Canon camera and tried to make it into a movie to put on uTube. I transferred the file to my Apple computer. I also thought it wouldn't be difficult as people do this thousands of time a day. Was I ever wrong!! Anyway, after about three hours later on the phone with Apple, I got part of the video uploaded. However, there is a second edited section of the video I would like to upload to uTube - I'd be willing to pay anyone who could help me with this - it's way beyond MY pay grade. It's going to be a birthday video for a friend - about his pet bird.

Thank you,

Jean Sokolinski
360-683-8235 :roll:

JerryFreilich
Forum Member - Level 3
Forum Member - Level 3

Re: Making a film clip for UTube

Post by JerryFreilich » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Jean, I can't imagine why you should have such difficulty. The situation should be trivially simple. Can you explain matters a little more (like what format is the movie in?) or perhaps come to the meeting tomorrow in Sequim?

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: Making a film clip for UTube

Post by Stephen Hart » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:58 pm

What software are you using to view and edit the video clip on your Mac?
All the following feature direct export to YouTube (TM) by way of the Share command.

QuickTime Player X
iMovie 9
Final Cut Pro X

From what I can see, neither iPhoto nor Aperture have direct export to YouTube (TM), even though they can store and display video.

I'm not a YouTube (TM) user, but I thought one of its features was built-in support for uploading. Am I off base? (Again?)

Not according to this YouTube (TM) support page:

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/a ... swer=57924

Or, if it's longer than 15 minutes:

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/a ... swer=71673

So one way or another, this should be EZ.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs