Announcement

There will be no dues for 2018 until further notice, and all meetings in 2018 will be in Sequim!

Note: This Announcement can be dismissed by clicking the (magically appearing) X in the top right corner of this box.

iTunes 11 Tip: Clear currently playing display

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

iTunes 11 Tip: Clear currently playing display

Post by Stephen Hart » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:16 am

In iTunes 11, the currently playing track is displayed in the central-top display. That's fine if you are listening to that track. But the display will stay there forever if you stop the track. Since I mainly use iTunes to sync my iPhone, I get sick of the same display.

Here's how to clear that window, from Mac OS X Hints (Macworld):
With iTunes 11, when you start playing an album, all its tracks go into the Up Next queue. In addition, the first track starts playing, and is displayed in the iTunes LCD. If you display the Up Next queue - click the list icon in the iTunes LCD, or press Command-Option-U - you can click on Clear to remove all tracks from the queue. However, the currently playing track still remains in the iTunes LCD, which makes sense.

If you want to clear this track as well, and stop playback, display the Up Next queue and click the Clear button again. This is particularly useful if you want to stop playing the current track and add items to the Up Next queue. Since they don't replace the current track, this is one way to do this. (You could also click on the Next button in the playback controls to just skip over it.)
Attachments
cleardisplay.png
cleardisplay.png (33.89 KiB) Viewed 584 times
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs