There will be no dues for 2018 until further notice, and all meetings in 2018 will be in Sequim!

Note: This Announcement can be dismissed by clicking the (magically appearing) X in the top right corner of this box.

DIY Mouse Pad

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

DIY Mouse Pad

Post by Stephen Hart » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:15 pm

I've mentioned making your own mouse pad in the past. I favor a slick Teflon surface, but you could substitute any relatively smooth plastic.

One problem with making your own mouse pads is the non-slip rubber bottom. That gives a little cushioning, and keeps the whole thing from sliding around on your desk.

Here's the perfect stuff for that:

It's a sheet of black, textured rubber (possibly neoprene) that comes with a full layer of very tough double-stick plastic on it. You cut it to size, peel off the backing paper, stick on the surface you want, and trim. The sheet I bought will supply us for mouse pads for life. ... 3456,43465
Item # 88K5905 12"x36" High-Friction Sheet

This is sold for woodworkers.

By the way, if you see this thread, ... f=5&t=1017, you'll see that I'm also on a quest for the ultimate non-slip surface to set my iPhone on while I'm driving. The Lee Valley stuff isn't nearly as sticky as the silicone hotpads I mention in the other thread.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs