Announcement

There will be no dues for 2018 until further notice, and all meetings in 2018 will be in Sequim!

Note: This Announcement can be dismissed by clicking the (magically appearing) X in the top right corner of this box.

Move Photos To Windows PC?

Discussion of general issues, not related to a specific Mac or iDevice operating system.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 4
Forum Member - Level 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Move Photos To Windows PC?

Post by Richard Serkes » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:31 pm

I was asked how to move photos stored in MacOS Photos to a Windows 10 PC. I know you can't just drop the Photos Library into a Windows program but is there an easy way to make the migration?

All I can think of is to open Photos then export the individual photos as .JPEG files to an external drive of some sort then copy the photos to a Windows program. I imagine this would be tedious and time consuming especially if you have lots and lots of photos.

Any suggestions will be passed on.
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 4
Forum Member - Level 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Move Photos To Windows PC?

Post by Richard Serkes » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:36 pm

OK, I think I found the answer to my question. It's still not an elegant solution but not as bad as I thought this would be.
screenshot_354.jpg
screenshot_354.jpg (42.45 KiB) Viewed 67 times
---

Jay Cline
Forum Member - Level 4
Forum Member - Level 4
Location: A sleepy little mill town with a smokestack or two on one end.

Post by Jay Cline » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:15 am

An elegant way would be to download iCloud for Windows and have them sync.
-----------------
This is where I'd normally write an impressive summary of my skills and proficiencies.

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 4
Forum Member - Level 4

Post by Richard Serkes » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:04 am

Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that. Good idea depending on how many photos are stored in the Cloud. It could take days if the I'Net connection is slow. I'll pass along your suggestion.
---