Announcement

There will be no dues for 2018 until further notice, and all meetings in 2018 will be in Sequim!

Note: This Announcement can be dismissed by clicking the (magically appearing) X in the top right corner of this box.

Alarm Clocks In iPadOS Dock

(New)Discussion of issues related to iPadOS. - to be released in Fall 2019
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 4
Forum Member - Level 4
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alarm Clocks In iPadOS Dock

Post by Richard Serkes » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:16 pm

Before upgrading to the new iPadOS I had never seen this. Recently used apps would appear in the dock on the right side but all of a sudden apps that I hadn't used recently would appear with an alarm clock icon attached to them. No matter what I tried I couldn't get this to stop and it was really bugging me. So I did a little I'Net search and found out what was going on and how to stop it. Without these step-by-step instructions I never would have figured out how to turn off this feature.

And what's odd is I never turned it on. I wonder if it's a default feature of the new iPadOS? I'll probably never find out.

If you want to know what's going on and how to turn the feature OFF, or maybe turn it ON if you want it, read the following article:

http://osxdaily.com/2018/12/30/alarm-cl ... -ipad-dock
Attachments
screenshot_330.jpg
screenshot_330.jpg (30.48 KiB) Viewed 19 times
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable