Announcement

There will be no dues for 2018 until further notice, and all meetings in 2018 will be in Sequim!

Note: This Announcement can be dismissed by clicking the (magically appearing) X in the top right corner of this box.

Silence unknown callers

(New)Discussion of issues related to iOS 13. - to be released in Fall 2019
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ray Bentsen
Administrator
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Silence unknown callers

Post by Ray Bentsen » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:21 am

Annoyed by telemarketers? Here is great new option in iOS 13.

iOS 13 can send calls right to voicemail, if the number isn’t found in your contacts, messages, or mail.

If you head to the Settings app, then tap on Phone, you’ll see a new toggle for Silence Unknown Callers. When this is enabled, iOS uses Siri intelligence to allow calls to ring your phone only if the number is found in your Contacts, Mail, or Messages. Calls from any other number go straight to voicemail.

Thanks to MacWorld for the tip!
;)
Attachments
ios13-silence-callers-100800290-large.jpg
ios13-silence-callers-100800290-large.jpg (80.17 KiB) Viewed 269 times
An old Norse adage: Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Silence unknown callers

Post by Stephen Hart » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:46 pm

Fantastic feature I've wanted for, well, ever.

Generally, if I get a call that isn't recognized, I silence the ringer manually. But that's a hassle, especially in the car, where I have no way to silence the ringer.

I will definitely turn this feature on asap.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs