Announcement

There will be no dues for 2018 until further notice, and all meetings in 2018 will be in Sequim!

Note: This Announcement can be dismissed by clicking the (magically appearing) X in the top right corner of this box.

Mojave Installation

(New) Discussion of issues related to macOS Mojave
Ray Bentsen
Administrator

Mojave Installation

Post by Ray Bentsen » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:40 pm

Mojave Installation went easily and successfully on both my iMac 5K and MacBook Pro with Touch Bar.

I did need to download the most recent version of Carbon Copy Cloner from the Bombich website, and needed to update the Privacy permissions for Keyboard Maestro. But other than that, all apps worked without any updating.

By the way, the screenshot feature of Mojave works just great using the keystroke Command-Shift-5 ... and can be made into a one keystroke command with Keyboard Maestro (I chose the End key on my extended keyboard). Screenshots are saved to the desktop with date and timestamp.

Now Messages syncs properly among Apple devices, so conversations need only be deleted on one device to delete from all. The new Books app (formerly iBooks) has an all new look and also syncs properly among all Apple devices. (iOS 12 needed on iPads and iPhones)

;)
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 4.38.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 4.38.18 PM.png (412.97 KiB) Viewed 71 times
An old Norse adage: Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: Mojave Installation

Post by Stephen Hart » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:35 pm

Regarding Keyboard Maestro:

I had to follow the instructions here
https://forum.keyboardmaestro.com/t/rea ... jave/11637
which suggest that you remove KM and KM Engine from System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Accessibility, then add the apps to the System Preferences list again. (Be sure to click the lock at the lower left to make changes in Security & Privacy.) That seems to have worked.
You may have to quit KM and KM Engine before doing this.

I also got a similar warning that Aperture needed permission to access Mail for the email a photo feature. Just granting that once did the trick.

Actually, the extra protection this process provides (similar to iOS) is comforting. If I ever see a warning like this for an app or process I don't recognize, I'll be safe.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Stephen Hart » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:37 pm

Any other System Preferences changes needed?
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Ray Bentsen
Administrator

Post by Ray Bentsen » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:34 pm

The enhanced security of Mojave may require you to give permission to other apps that need access to your hard drive data.

Below is a screenshot of adding Antivirus for Mac (from BitDefender) to System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Full Disk Access:
Attachments
Screenshot 1680.png
Screenshot 1680.png (101.25 KiB) Viewed 55 times
An old Norse adage: Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.