(New)Discussion of issues related to iOS 11.
- Posts: 386
- Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:22 pm
- Location: Sequim, WA
With iOS 11, the iPhone has Emergency SOS "Autocall" capability. You turn this on within settings and enable Auto Call; so if you’re in a situation where you need help, it’s easy to make a call to emergency services such as 911. In order to call for emergency services on an iPhone running iOS 11 or later, you'll need to know your iPhone model since it's slightly different on iPhone 8. Here’s how to use Emergency SOS on iPhone 7 or earlier.
- To make an Emergency SOS call, rapidly click your Sleep/Wake button five times.
- The Emergency SOS slider will appear. Slide it to contact emergency services.
- If you want your iPhone to automatically make an emergency call without you needing to drag the slider.
- Under the graphic of your iPhone, toggle on Auto Call.
- iPhone SOS.jpg (95.56 KiB) Viewed 256 times
An old Norse adage: Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
- Forum Member - Level 5
- Posts: 3171
- Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:09 am
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest