Notes in Mountain Lion

Discussion of issues related to OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) and all earlier versions of OS X.
Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Notes in Mountain Lion

Post by Stephen Hart » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:22 am

In Mountain Lion, Notes becomes a separate app (a "shoebox" app, to be precise). While Notes is no longer within Mail in Mountain Lion, it's still within Mail in iCloud's web interface. Maybe that'll change with iOS 6.

We got Notes syncing fine, and it's already proved a better method for maintaining a shopping list.

But I was seeing duplicate shopping lists on my iPhone. Long story short, this turns out to be a problem with having two different accounts syncing notes. This somewhat scattered and confusing Apple discussion revealed the answer https://discussions.apple.com/thread/41 ... 5&tstart=0.

But for me there was a twist. I did not have two accounts on my iMac. The second account was a .Mac leftover on my wife's MacBook Pro. Deleting that account solved the problem.

There may be other ways in which forgetting to delete old .Mac accounts, or having two active iCloud accounts might wreak havoc, so pay careful attention to that.
Attachments
duplicate.jpg
duplicate.jpg (14.04 KiB) Viewed 956 times
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs