Discussion of issues related to OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) and all earlier versions of OS X.
Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Stephen Hart » Sat May 17, 2014 11:56 am

I've upgraded two Macs with 10.9.3 and the associated Safari 7.0.3 and iTunes 11.2. No problems, but you will notice a couple of things.

The Podcast section in iTunes has changed, with different controls over what you keep and what gets deleted automatically. Along with Podcasts.app, Apple addressed one oddity I've seen in the past: on syncing, my iPhone sometimes reset podcasts to where they were when I last synced, instead of resetting iTunes to where I paused on the iPhone. That's apparently been fixed, but you might notice a change. I just clicked on iTunes on my Mac, and a podcast I've been listening to updated automatically and instantly without syncing my iPhone.

I've also noticed that both Macs are slower to wake from sleep than they were before. This may have something to do with Apple fixing a problem with some external drives never sleeping.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: 10.9.3

Post by Stephen Hart » Sun May 18, 2014 7:10 am

The above quickly followed by iTunes 11.2.1 and Podcasts 2.1.1.

An obvious improvement in 11.2 is that podcasts now update and download automatically as they should. That feature was broken for some time.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs