Mavericks' Reminders Still Won't Order

Discussion of issues related to OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) and all earlier versions of OS X.
Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Mavericks' Reminders Still Won't Order

Post by Richard Serkes » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:21 am

My biggest complaint about Reminders was it wouldn't list tasks in chronological order. What kind of a ToDo app won't do something as basic and essential as that? But when iOS7 was released that operating system's Reminders had a button labelled Scheduled. If you clicked Scheduled all your tasks were listed in chronological order. Yippee! So I assumed that when OS 10.9 (Mavericks) was released its version of Reminders would also have a chronological order option.

Boy oh boy was I wrong. The Mavericks version of Reminders still won't list tasks in chronological order. I just wish I could talk to the programmers at Apple and ask them why? So I guess I'll stay with my third party application that will let me look at my tasks starting with today's tasks and then going through the upcoming weeks.
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: Mavericks' Reminders Still Won't Order

Post by Stephen Hart » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:59 am

If you show the calendar, you can click on a date and see all reminders for that day in chronological order.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Richard Serkes » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:03 pm

Stephen Hart wrote:If you show the calendar, you can click on a date and see all reminders for that day in chronological order.
I don't want to see the tasks for that one day, I want to see all the tasks coming up. I have things going on next month, the month after that, next year, etc.
---

Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Stephen Hart » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:18 am

Do you keep everything in a single list? If so, you can choose View > Sort By.

I don't see any way to merge all lists, but you can open two lists at once by using Window > Open in New Window
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Post by Richard Serkes » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:19 am

Stephen Hart wrote:Do you keep everything in a single list? If so, you can choose View > Sort By.

I don't see any way to merge all lists, but you can open two lists at once by using Window > Open in New Window
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I didn't see that under View. It's new to the Mavericks version of Reminders and it's about darn time it was added. I was ready to throw in the towel and manually sort by date using the "grab-and-drag" method but this is easier. Now I can finally use Reminders and Calendar which is a major improvement over Mountain Lion's (OS 10.8) Calendar.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
---