Mail deletes signature?

Discussion of issues related to OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) and all earlier versions of OS X.
Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Mail deletes signature?

Post by Stephen Hart » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:28 pm

Here's a poser:

In Aperture, I have Mail set up for sharing one or more photos by e-mail. And I have the option to include metadata checked. Here's what happens:

I select a photo, click the e-mail button (or any other of the methods of e-mailing direct from Aperture).
Mail opens with a new message including the photo but no metadata. The new message also includes my default signature.
Then the Mail window flashes and the signature is deleted.

I just checked this in iPhoto, which I no longer use, and got similar results. From iPhoto, the Mail message includes the image title, but the window still flashes and the signature is deleted.

I can't find anything in Mail's preferences or Aperture's that seems in any way related. And I've googled till my googler is sore, but found not a hint. It's as if there's a preference for no signature when e-mailing from another app.

By the way, an alternative method of e-mailing one or more photos from Aperture--selecting and dragging to the Mail icon in the Dock--does not erase the signature.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs