Replace Web Gallery

Discussion of issues related to iCloud, Apple's "cloud" service designed to store and sync your music, photos, apps, calendars, and documents
Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Replace Web Gallery

Post by Stephen Hart » Sat May 19, 2012 8:29 am

Just recently, I was reminded of how slick Web Gallery is.
I wanted to share a short video. In Aperture, I clicked the Mobile Me button* chose to use the caption for the video instead of its file name and I was done.

Because I have my own domain and a full-fledged hosting account, I can post items there. And Aperture makes slide shows somewhat like it posts to Web Gallery. I haven't followed that whole workflow yet, though, to see how well it will work, but on the face of it, that would be quite convenient not to have to leave Aperture. (I think iPhoto would do the same task.)

Also, iWeb will continue to work after Mobile Me is shut down. You just need to aim iWeb at a folder in a regular web site. I can do that with a folder in Dreamweaver. Again, I've only tested this a bit.

My son Robbie bought JAlbum after testing it a bit. Here's his comment:
" jAlbum - it just seems old fashioned (in a good way - i.e. functional without unnecessary glam), full-featured but also simple to use. It took me a surprisingly short time to drag photos in from iPhoto, paste in labels, and modify the theme a bit for best effect."

Have any SMUG members come up with a replacement to Web Gallery that they're happy with?
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs