I want my own cloud!

Discussion of issues related to iCloud, Apple's "cloud" service designed to store and sync your music, photos, apps, calendars, and documents
Stephen Hart
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: I want my own cloud!

Post by Stephen Hart » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:50 am

Some people set up an Apple ID specifically to share so some of the signing in and out can be avoided.
"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works."
Steve Jobs

Richard Serkes
Forum Member - Level 5
Forum Member - Level 5

Re: I want my own cloud!

Post by Richard Serkes » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:36 am

Ray Bentsen wrote:By the way, switching from one Apple ID to another on an iPad is done in a very obscure way ... not in Settings but from within the App Store app.

In App Store, tap the Featured tab at the bottom of the screen, then scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see an Apple ID button.

Tap that button, and a menu of options will appear (see screenshot) ... one of which is sign out.

If you sign out, you can then sign in using a different Apple ID for purposes of updating apps.

Note that each purchased app has the purchaser's Apple ID embedded, so to update an app you must be using the same Apple ID as when it was originally bought.

;)
I think you may be right, Ray. Shame on me, of course you're right. My wife has her email, contacts, etc. account on my old iPad 2 which she uses but the Apple ID is still mine which lets her update all her apps that were purchased on my account. She's been nice about that...letting me pay for all the versions of Angry Birds
---
Always burn your bridges. You never know who's coming up from behind.